Flu Shots, Vaccines & Immunizations
The pharmacy is still the heart of our business.
Why London Drugs is the right choice for your immunization needs
You may think that you have to visit your physician's office each time you or your family needs an immunization. In fact, London Drugs pharmacy staff includes Certified Injection Pharmacists, who are pharmacists specially trained and certified in the administering of injectable medications - including vaccines. This means that the vaccines you and your family need could be right in your own neighbourhood and available during convenient store hours.
Which vaccines does London Drugs offer?
Select London Drugs locations offer the following immunization service to their patients* :
- Flu shots: A flu shot is the best way to protect yourself and your family from the flu. Flu season generally occurs during the fall, winter and early spring. The flu shot is available at all London Drugs locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
- Routine immunizations: London Drugs can help keep you and your family up to date with your routine vaccinations, as outlined by your provincial immunization schedule. This includes vaccines for diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella.
- Recommended immunizations: Depending on your age and medical history, you may also be recommended additional immunizations, like those for shingles (Herpes zoster) and pneumonia.
- Travel vaccines: Certain vaccines such as Yellow Fever and meningitis are required if you're traveling to certain places around the world. Other vaccines are recommended to prevent common illnesses, like cholera, hepatitis A and B, typhoid, and traveller's diarrhea. Visit London Drugs travel clinics to get the recommended and required vaccines, as well as advice and other related services to help make your travel as safe and healthy as possible.
*Subject to vaccine availability by location and differing provincial immunization regulation. Immunization fees may apply.
How to use vaccine and immunization services
- Find a location. Vaccine and immunization services are available at all London Drugs locations. Call to find out which London Drugs locations provide the service in your area.
- Book an appointment. Call ahead to your preferred London Drugs location to set up a vaccine and immunization appointment. This will give you a chance to gather relevant documents and think of any questions you'd like to ask. During your appointment, your certified injection pharmacist will review your vaccine history in order to best advise you about which vaccinations and immunizations you need.
- Ask about fees. Fees apply for vaccine and immunization services, though you can ask your London Drugs pharmacist if you qualify for a free flu shot or other recommended vaccines.
- Consent form. All patients receiving a vaccination must complete a consent form. This form can be downloaded here, completed in advance and brought in with you to your appointment. Please note: The form must be signed and dated in the presence of a London Drugs pharmacist.